Thursday, March 25, 2010

Springing Forward

I LOVE that it doesn't get dark until 7:30ish now, but ask anyone I know and they'll tell you, I am not a morning person. So I can't seem to shake that hour of sleep I lost. Especially since it's still dark when we're rising in the morning. I've always been someone who needs a lot of sleep, so mornings have never been my finest hour of the day. Phillip on the other hand goes to bed later than me, gets up earlier than me and always seems to still have energy. I'm baffled by this. If I could have a super power, I think I might ask for the ability to never sleep. Just think of all the things I could accomplish and cross off my to do list! Not to mention the gazillions of pictures I would have time to take.

But even with my "sleep deprivation," I definitely would not trade it for fuller days of sunshine. Especially since it means warmer weather, fresh cut grass, green trees, cocktails on the porch at sunset, and the sweet smell of flowers are on the way. Raleigh is starting to show signs already...
Note to self, get allergy medicine...

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Spring! I'm so ready for the warm weather. It seems like everything bloomed overnight - great captures of the spring colors.

    ReplyDelete