Thursday, March 18, 2010

When You Can't Meet Your Photography Idol in Person, Buy Their DVD

My birthday present arrived this week (even though my birthday was a month ago). I am so excited to see what insight Tamara gives - fingers crossed there's a section on Photoshop or Lightroom! I'm almost afraid to start watching it, because I know I won't want it to end.

Other photography bday themed gifts included a Gary Fong "puffer"
It diffuses the light from the flash so it doesn't cast the harsh bright light onto your subject. I used it at the Oyster Roast and it worked beautifully.
A mono-pod - Provides stability for the times when you don't want to lug out your heavy-duty tripod.

A new lens!!! The 85mm, 1.8 portrait lens I've been salivating over.
Photoshop Elements 8.0 (a gift to myself since I found a discounted rate at Costco)
I love that I'm having trouble cramming all my gear into my bag now. I think this means I need another one. I've been eying the Lowepro sling backpack and as luck would have it, I have a gift card to Southeastern Camera that needs to be used.

I love birthdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment