Sunday, May 2, 2010

Wicked

Amazing costumes? Check.
Incredible scenery? Yep.
Fantastic seats? Uh huh.
Fabulous music that you find you can't help singing to yourself over and over again (sorry Phillip)? You betcha.

I have a new favorite musical, and her name is Wicked - sorry Phantom and Jersey Boys, you'll always have a special place in my heart! Phillip and I were given an amazing treat last Tuesday when his parents invited us to attend Wicked with them. The cast was ridiculously good and once the show had started, I didn't want it to end. Unfortunately for photogs, no pictures during the performance, so I was resigned to taking a pic of the curtain, dragon above the stage and outside of the theater with my trusty point-and-shoot (my apologies for the graininess of the pics - not much light available!). This was our first time at the Durham Performing Arts Center (DPAC) and it did not disappoint. I loved the huge windows and the theater itself was beautiful. Definitely hope to see other shows there in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment