Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Butterflies

I had a great Saturday. As soon as I woke up, I knew it was going to be a good day. It was my first shoot at a wedding as an assistant/second shooter and I think it exceeded my very high expectations. I got to take a few shots with my own camera and then spent a good period of time switching out lenses, cards and holding cameras while Leah worked her magic. I learned SO much just by watching her and I'm pretty sure I had an ear-to-ear grin on my face the entire time. By the time the reception rolled around I was given her second body 5d to shoot with - and I was so excited I had to restrain myself from shouting, wow, look at that shot, oh my gosh, now look at this one! Though I did lose my "cool" a couple of times when I was especially proud of something I had captured and ran to show her immediately. I realize now that I may have let my "newbie" shine through a bit too much, but it was hard to contain my excitement. Note to self, act more like you've done this before next time... (fingers crossed there is a next time!)

I'm currently shipping my images over to Leah so she can go through the gazillion shots we took and burn a copy of mine for me, so for now I'll just post the pre-wedding shots we took around the Butterfly house at the Life and Sciences Museum where the wedding was held. Great location and the staff there was really helpful at making everyone feel at ease for a fantastic wedding day. It was fitting for me that the wedding was at a Butterfly house since I had so many butterflies in my stomach that day, but once I held my camera and took that first shot, I felt at home - like this is what I should be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment