Tuesday, October 19, 2010

North Carolina Run/Walk for Autism


The Autism Society of North Carolina is a great group of people with an important mission, so when word spread that they needed volunteers to photograph their 5k event in Raleigh, I was excited. I'm used to being on the other side of the event as the planner, so it was fun to see it come together as a participant and I had a great time capturing the end result. There were tons of teams there in support of loved ones with autism, as well as competitive runners (man! they were fast), and lots-n-lots of volunteers there to make day run smoothly. It went off without a hitch, so I just meandered throughout the crowd watching the fun unfold.

For more information on how you can participate in future NC Autism 5k races or if you'd like to know more about the organization, click here!


 


















On your mark. Get set. Go!

And they're off!








And the winner is...
 A 5k in 16 min and 32 sec?!! Whoa.





After the race was run and the refreshments were passed around, the fun began.









 Massage after a race? GREAT idea. This guy agrees, I'm sure.


She's small, but mighty.




What a great day. Can't wait for next year!

1 comment:

  1. I know I comment all the time but I SERIOUSLY LOVE your photos. You cover events SO well. I just love the way you capture detail, it's definitely a strength of yours!

    ReplyDelete