Sunday, July 25, 2010

Jet Lag & the Farmers Market

Today is going to be a "double post day" because when you wake up at 4AM, you suddenly have a lot more you can accomplish in one day. I did force myself back to bed though and woke up again at a more reasonable 6AM. After taking Harvey for his long walk for the day since it was a "cool" 80 degrees outside and it's going to be 100+ today, I then sat myself down with a cup of tea and began catching up on my favorite blogs.  

A friend's posting on our local farmers market in particular caught my attention. After snacking on freshly picked blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries daily in Scotland (more to come on where we stayed soon!), I decided to keep the habit going and headed to the farmers market.

One of my favorite aspects of the market, other than supporting local farmers, is the smell. Everything just smells so fresh and yummy. I want my house to have that smell. After wandering around for about 15 minutes taking in the sights, smells and a few samplings, I settled on a basket each of sweet blueberries, tart blackberries and juicy peaches. I'm thinking of adding them to a lemon sorbet for dessert tonight... if I can wait that long. 
Okay, time to get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment