Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Professional

Before I arrive at a shoot, I tend to have a nervous energy that just won't quit. Even though I have a plan in place, I know that when you're in the moment, things happen. Good things you weren't expecting that make you say to yourself, hey, you might be decent at this. But the anticipation kills me. I just can't wait to see what I'm going to find. I was having just such a moment while I was waiting for Mia's hair cut to wrap up, when another salon patron looked at me, examined my camera and asked nonchalantly, so you're a professional? I froze. Not sure what to say. Hesitated another second while he continues to stare, waiting for answer that seems like it should be obvious, but is obviously weighing on me. Yes, I say, I am. Just to see what it feels like. And it felt pretty good.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Laura!! Your photos are gorgeous and it looks like you're having a good time :)

    ReplyDelete