Monday, June 7, 2010

Meet the Friends

When you meet your significant other's best friends, it can be a bit nerve wracking. Will they like you? Will you like them? You tell yourself "Try not to embarrass yourself. Just be yourself. You can do this. They're only people... maybe they'll be nervous too?

I was once that person. I knew how much his friends meant to him and wanted them to like me, but we all know you can't MAKE people like you. You just have to trust that they'll get to know you for who you are and see why your boyfriend just might want to date you.... and eventually marry you...

Well, after getting to know them, I could see why they were his best friends, and lucky for me, their significant others were just as fabulous. I first met Phillip's friends in Lake Wylie, SC and ever since that meeting, it's held a special place in my heart. I know that no matter what - thunderstorms, losing a close football game, losing a close basketball game - we're going to have a blast. These are fun and caring people and just being around them makes you smile. I'm so grateful that Phillip has such great friends in his life because I have no doubt that they've helped shape who he's become.

And now after six years of dating and now 8 months of marriage (!!!), I'm proud to call them my friends too.

No comments:

Post a Comment