Saturday, April 2, 2011

You've Got Mail


My mailbox has been getting a lot of action recently with the arrival of books (yes, they still make them!). Two of my favorite photographers have books out, so I've jumped on the band wagon to see what I can learn from them.

First up, Millie Holloman's Get-It-Together Kit.


Organized chaos. I thrive on it. Whenever I have too much time on my hands, I seem to stagnate. When I'm busy though, I'm super efficient. Why is that?

However, I'm quickly realizing that more photo shoots (woo hoo!) equals more photo editing, burning, mailing, printing, emailing, etc. (eh?), which leads to chaos (boo) and unfortunately, it's not really the organized kind... How do I keep up and still have a life?

Enter the Get-It-Together Kit. It's like she knows exactly what I'm thinking... and struggling with. I've already implemented one of her revelations and had an immediate payoff, which was pretty exciting. I can't wait to see what other gems I'll learn.

Next, Jose Villa's Fine Art Wedding Photography book.


*Sigh. I find myself drooling over his website and blog, which can be dangerous when a computer is involved. Thank goodness he wrote a book, so now I can just drool over its pages (much less costly) AND learn the method of his madness genius. His images are simply stunning - they're so creamy and delicious, that I could just eat them up (kind of craving a cupcake right now). And he's created a signature style that enables anyone to spot his photos a mile away. I'm still searching for mine, so any inspiration and "how-to" will be greatly appreciated.

Now I just need a rainy day to give me an excuse to stay in read away the day.

Happy Saturday!

{Raleigh NC Wedding & Portrait Photographer}

No comments:

Post a Comment