Thursday, March 3, 2011

WPPI Experience Part II


As a painfully shy person who fits the introvert type to a tee, WPPI can be extremely overwhelming. Add in the element of not knowing what I was in store for and not knowing one single person (out of 15,000+) attending the convention, and this could cause a lot of anxiety. And for the first day or so, it did. I was anxious, but also really really excited, so much so that I sometimes had trouble differentiating between the two.

Luckily, I had my best friend (aka husband) there to support me (stop hitting the snooze darlin', you'll be late for class) and take fun excursions to take a breather from the constant talk of photography.

The excursions included a visit to the lion habitat
Fountain Show

Touring the lobby and Chinese New Year's display at the Bellagio



And just lots of walking and good eating in general


Once I figured out the flow of classes, room locations and struck up some friendly chit chat with my "line mates," the less stressful it seemed and more comfortable I felt being there. I even stepped out of my comfort zone and introduced myself... to strangers. If you know me, this is shocking.

After 4 days of classes from 8am to 8pm plus lots of fun activities in between, I was exhausted, and felt like this.


But, strangely enough, I also felt energized and had a huge smile on my face. Kind of like this one.

And would do it all over again in a heart beat. Can't wait for 2012.

1 comment: