Monday, January 31, 2011

An All Star Weekend

If you had told me 10 years ago that I would be super excited for the NHL All Stars madness coming into town, I would have probably responded, "Well of course, I love figure skating." This should give you an idea of how far I've come in my hockey knowledge and love of the game. 

When Phillip and I first started dating, he hid his "Caniac" tendencies well since we met post hockey season. I soon realized that from October till April, our schedule would revolve around 3 parties... him, me and the Canes. Okay, this is an exaggeration, but you get my drift - he's a fan. 

And some guys might have given up the idea of taking their girlfriends to a hockey game after the repetitive questioning of icing, off sides and the blue lines (it took me a while...). But he was patient and eventually, I began to understand what was going on and actually enjoyed myself. 

So once the weekend was upon us, we were both really excited to see all the festivities downtown and join our fellow hockey fans from around the globe in celebrating the league's best players in the world. 




At the young age of eighteen, Jeff Skinner already has a huge following around town. And  I'm told, a lot of marriage proposals from tween girls.





Snow for the little ones even though it was an unseasonably warm 60 degrees that day.



















An interview with former Hurricane, Rod Brind'amour.


Thanks for a great weekend NHL. Come back soon!

{Raleigh Photographer, North Carolina Photographer}

No comments:

Post a Comment