Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Cool Kids

I grabbed a glass of wine, took a seat (probably at the edge of my seat) and prepared myself - for what? I wasn't exactly sure, but I knew I didn't want to miss it. I was at Red Room with about 20 other photographers I look up to, whose blogs and websites I stalk constantly - the people who've conquered and are continuing to conquer what feels like the impossible to me. They're full time. They have a lot of great clients who've trusted them to capture and memorialize their lives. I find myself trying to soak in everything they say, as if each word they exhale is the secret to success. I'm realistic though, I know there isn't really a "secret." Still, just in case they had one up their sleeves, I didn't want to miss it.

I was attending the monthly meeting of the WPS. This month's meeting topic was to reveal the winners of their wedding & portraiture contest and they pretty much knocked my socks off. You can view the winners here and see what I mean....

....

Oh, good, you came back. So yeah, you can see why I might feel a bit intimidated, but I also felt motivated and inspired to create amazing images that make you say, wow and feel proud.

As Nemo's friend Dory once said (yes, I'm quoting a Disney movie, you can judge), "just keep swimming, just keep swimming." And that's exactly what I plan to do. Except I'll be shooting, not swimming...

No comments:

Post a Comment